Daegu Digital Industry Promotion Agency(hereinafter referred to as the ”The Agency”) follows The Personal Information Protection Act of the relevant laws and regulations such as 「Act on Promotion of Information and Communication Network Utilization and Information Protection」&「Personal Information Protection Act」and The 4th Global Innovator Festa(GIF)(hereinafter referred to as the “Global Innovator Festa(GIF)”) protects the personal information and rights of participants and has the following personal information policy to smooth the complaints of participants related to personal information.
1. Collecting and Using Personal Information
▣ Purpose of Collecting and Using Personal Information
Applicant’s Participation in the Contest, The Identification of the applicant based on the application, Personal identification, Progress of the contest(Document screening, contest, Final screening), Producing fixtures(name tags, etc.) for the run of this contest, Selection of First/Final and Winners, The delivery of prizes and souvenirs, Checking and handling questions or complaints, Announcement of notices/ notices related to this contest, Preservation of records for dispute settlement, etc
▣ Items of Personal Information to be Collected and Used
Information acquired while applying and managing program including wireless phone number address, date of birth, gender, e-mail, affiliation etc.
▣ Amount of time personal information will be stored and Used
As a rule, personal information will be destroyed once the goal of collecting and using information are complete, Merely, basic information(name, phone number, e-mail) will be preserved to issue documents confirming participation after this event is done.(Information will be saved from September 2018 – December 2022)
▣ Right to Refuse and Disadvantages of Refusal
We inform you of your right to refuse collection and prohibiting the use of personal information mentioned above.
Marely, the items to be collected are the bare minimum information necessary to proceed with this event. It is impossible to participate in the event and to function properly without agreeing to have personal information collected and used
2. Details Regarding Providing Third Person Party with Personal Information
▣ Supplied Party
Daegu Digital Industry Promotion Agency(DIP), Executive office of the 4th Global Innovator Festa
▣ Purpose of Supplied Party
Managing and running the 4th Global Innovator Festa, managing participants.
▣ Items of Personal Information Supplied
Information acquired while applying and managing program including wireless phone number address, e-mail, affiliation etc,
▣ Right to Refuse and Disadvantages of Refusal
You have the right to refuse supplying third party with personal information, but this is necessary to participate in the event, without agreeing to the terms above, you cannot participate or be a part of the Event
I understand my rights and the provisions regarding the collection, usage, and supply of personal information.
I agree to the collection, usage, and supply of personal information to a third party according to the provisions outlined above
Global Innovator Festa participation agreement
■ Participants : Participants of Global Innovator Festa(Individual or Group)
■ Competent Authority : Daegu Digital Industry Promotion Agency
Article 1 [Definition of Terms]
The terms used in this Agreement are defined as follows
1. “Idea” is a property value that can be recognized, including plans, reports, software(not limited to, including related content such as source code, design and music Ect), this is to create a right to protect it or to acquire that right by a separate procedure.
2. ‘Global Innovator Festa(GIF)’ is a large-scale national-wide project for discovering and nurturing global creative talent and startups, and it is the largest number of ICT experts, startup and investors in Korea. This contest is organized and hosted by Daegu Digital Industry Promotion Agency, This refers to contest to select excellent ideas from submitted ideas, awards and support
3. ‘The Agency’ refers to the Daegu Digital Industry Promotion Agency, which hosts the ‘Global Innovator Festa(GIF)’
4. ‘Participant’ refer to an individual or an organization that has submitted an idea to this ‘Global Innovator Festa(GIF)’
Article 2 [Purpose of the Agreement]
The purpose of the Agreement is to create and develop the value of the “participator” idea(hereinafter referred to as the “submission idea”) in the final submission, furthermore, to exchange network, spread start-up culture and create employment opportunities.
Article 3 [Creating Value of Ideas and Performing Development]
1. The “Participant” agrees that the ideas of submission contribute to the creation of value and further development of the culture of start-up
2. The “Participant” and “The Agency” shall faithfully carry out the value generation and development of ideas submitted under these Agreement and conditions, and shall make the utmost efforts to achieve their goals.
Article 4 [Participant’s Duty]
If the “Participant” is recognized as intentionally stealing other people’s ideas or elected in a dishonest manner, the award is cancelled after the award and the “Participant” must return the listing and prize money
Article 5 [ Limited use of submitted Idea]
“The Agency” shall be used only for the purpose of operation, selection, development and evaluation of the Global Innovator Festa (GIF) provided by the ”Participant”
Article 6 [Offsite Delivery of Submitted Idea]
“The Agency” shall not provide any information about the ideas provided by the “Participant” to any third party without the consent of the “Participant”. However, the following are Not
1. Information made to the facts of the notice, not intentionally or unintentionally by “The Agency”
2. It is necessary to provide third parties with information on ideas submitted for work under Article 5(in this case, a separate confidentiality agreement must be entered into)
Article 7 [Settlement of a Dispute]
1. The event of disputes or disagreements relating to the performance of these Agreement and conditions, or between parties the “Participant” and “The Agency” shall consult each they to try to resolve them smoothly
2. If disputes or disagreements concerning this Agreement have not been resolved, the arbitration of the Korea Chamber of Commerce and Industry may be resolved through individual agreement between the “Participant” and “The Agency”
Article 8[Outside of Agreement]
Any matters not set forth in this Agreement or whose interpretation is unclear shall be settled after consultation with each other on the principle of sincerity. However, if consultation is not made, the relevant statutes and general practices shall be followed
I agree the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
‘Unable to modify after final submission’